Saturday 18 June 2011

SMALLPOX



Causative organism
Smallpox is a contagious disease caused by a virus.
About the disease
Smallpox is caused by the variola virus. Although smallpox was eradicated in 1977, there is the possibility that the illness may reappear.
Anyone exposed to the smallpox virus may get smallpox. Even people who have been vaccinated for smallpox might become ill, because the duration of protection given by the smallpox vaccine is not fully understood.
The smallpox virus can be easily spread from one person to another after coming into close (within 6 feet) contact with a person who has smallpox. The virus is often contained in the saliva droplets of a person with smallpox.
Symptoms
Initial symptoms of smallpox may be similar to influenza then followed by
  • Malaise (generalized weakness)
  • fever (temperature 1010 F or greater)
  • vomiting and occasional abdominal pain
  • headache
  • severe backache
Two to four days after initial symptoms
  • rash on face, arms, and legs
Several days later
  • Rash moves to the midsection of the body
Contact the doctor immediately if develop these symptoms and think about the exposure to smallpox.
Distinction of small pox with chicken pox
Progression of the rash on the body is a hallmark to differentiating smallpox and chickenpox.
Generally, the chickenpox rash begins on the covered parts of the body and progresses to the arms, legs, and face while the smallpox rash first appears on the face and other extremities and later moves to the trunk of the body.
There is no specific medical treatment for smallpox infection
There is no known treatment for smallpox, although approximately two-thirds of those infected with this virus have survived previous outbreaks. The smallpox vaccine is sometimes used to lessen symptoms, and may be helpful if given within four days of exposure to someone with smallpox.
Routine smallpox vaccination is not recommended for the general public
If an outbreak of smallpox occurs, doses of the smallpox vaccine may become available through the national drug stockpile maintained by the Centers for Disease Control. Plans are currently in progress to increase the current stockpile of this vaccine.

1 comment:

Maria Lazaros said...

We tried to get pregnant for a few years in a local clinic. There were no results. We've tried everything possible but nothing. We were recommended to use donor eggs. I know we have to try herbal made medicine. I was terrified. I didn't know how to go about it and where to begin my search. When my friend recommended me to Dr Itua herbal medicine in Western African. I thought she was joking. I knew nothing about that country and I was afraid  with shame I must say I thought it was a little bit...wild? Anyway she convinced me to at least check it out. I've done the research and thought that maybe this really is a good idea. Dr Itua has reasonable prices. Also it has high rates of successful treatments. Plus it uses Natural Herbs. Well I should say I was convinced. My Husband gave it a try and now we can say it was the best decision in our lives. We were trying for so long to have a child and suddenly it all looked so simple. The doctors and staff were so confident and hopeful they projected those feelings on me too. I am so happy to be a mother and eternally thankful to Dr Itua  and Lori My Dear Friend. Don’t be afraid and just do it! Try Dr itua herbal medicine today and sees different in every situation.Dr Itua Contact Info...Whatsapp+2348149277967/drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Dr Itua have cure for the following diseases.All types of cancer,Liver/Kidney inflammatory,Fibroid,Infertility.Herpes Virus Hiv/Aids, ALS, Parkinson, Hepatitis,Diabetes..

Post a Comment